Welcome to Lucy Read Pre-Kindergarten Demonstration School
Where "Little Feet Make Great Strides." We are an all pre-kindergarten school in the Austin Independent School District, with a current enrollment of approximately 300 students. Our pre-kindergarten students come from the following elementary schools: Cook, McBee, Wooldridge, and Doss. Our students, staff and parents create a community of learners committed to educating every student, every day.
is to provide intentional, purposeful play that builds the foundation for abstract and symbolic academic learning for every child at Lucy Read.
- Children learn best through hands-on experiences through observation, exploring, and creating both individually and with others;
- The preschool environment should nurture a positive educational experience for each child and their family;
- Each child is a unique and special being with strengths and talents upon which to build;
- Diversity in the early childhood is to be celebrated
- Upon leaving our program children will exhibit enthusiasm for learning, a sense of confidence, and a readiness level that increases the likelihood for success in kindergarten and beyond.